The short version of a long story — Or what the hell happened to me…Posted: October 16, 2013
Two words can explain where the hell I’ve been for such a long time:
Pain, and Pain Killers.
Some day I hope to make this a much longer post about the horrors of necessary pain killer addiction. But tonight it’s just a quick and simple explanation. In list form no less.
1. Injured my back awhile back. (pun intended. I like puns.)
2. The only form of treatment for some time was strong painkillers. The side affects of which are searchable on Google. suffice to say that concentration and motivation both suffer dramatically. The pain just got worse, which in turn increased the need for pain killers.
3. Couldn’t really concentrate enough to read a book, never mind write/edit/blog/such and such and such.
4. Had two spine surgeries.
5. Surgeries seem to be working.
6. Getting off the shitty pain killers.
7. Feeling much better. Motivation, concentration, and mood are all much better. Beginning to put my life back together again. I am reading, editing, world building, and story planning again.
Someday I will probably fill in the blanks. Thanks to all family and friends who have been there for me throughout this debauchery of a life during the last 2 years.
That is all